Our last holiday was to Cornwall in 2018. We usually have a summer holiday each year but when my mum died in 2019 I felt we couldn't leave my dad alone and so we went without a holiday that year. After then losing my dad in June last year I felt in desperate need of a holiday, I could have really done with getting away from it all after such a difficult couple of years but the coronavirus pandemic put paid to that. So here we are, three years on since our last holiday and not only have we not been away but we haven't had many day trips out either owing to lockdown and restrictions.
Mick hardly took any holiday from work last year, he was left with lots to take at the end the holiday period which runs from the 1st of April to the 31st of March, but he's been so busy at work over the last couple of months that he's ended up carrying some over into this year's entitlement. So he's now got forty three days holiday to take this year.
As you can see, he's decided to take all this coming week off work, and there's nothing else in the diary so we're hoping, now that restrictions have been eased and we're allowed to travel further, to have some nice days out.
I'm missing the sea. The last time we visited the coast was just before the first lockdown in March last year so it's been over a year. Archie loves a good run on the beach too, so we'll probably have a ride out to the seaside. Apart from that we'll just play it by ear. A mix of days out, relaxing at home and getting a few jobs crossed off the list sounds good to me.
As for a proper holiday, I'm not sure whether we're going to bother again this year or not. It will all depend on what happens with the virus. Even though we're allowed to do more things now, I'm still not comfortable being in crowded places. Why take risks if you don't have to? That's my way of thinking.
How about you? Are you thinking of going away this summer?

0 Yorumlar