I would pass by one of the carinderias on Guide D almost every weekend after playing tennis. I've been making plans to drop by and try out the dishes but somehow, never did. I would either be in a hurry, not in the mood or forget to do so.
After my Rockwell meeting, I made a beeline for this eatery. It was also high time for me to tick off an establishment from my fourth list.
Oct. 04 - Aling Sosing's was located at the corner of Zobel Roxas and Dian, next to the tire shops. Some of my friends have mentioned this place when we would discuss the blog and I've heard nothing but rave reviews.
Dining was alfresco and similar to the other carinderias, I found the service to be sincere and charming. When I opted to seat near the light so the pictures could be clearer, they kept on advising me to move to a table they were clearing up with some shade.
The dishes were placed on a counter with lids on and a customer could take a peek prior to choosing which viand they would like to have. Apparently, food was prepared in the morning and was on display the whole time. So, for example, if everything was purchased by 5 or 6 p.m., they closed shop.
I chose the Nilagang Baka and Adobong Baboy with a plate of rice. Both were quite good but I have to say that the Abobong Baboy was excellent! It's one of those dishes that made me foolishly smile alone and I had to order another serving.
I had to try another dish so I got an order of the Pata Tim. I forgot the word Diet and just kept on eating. I also needed a soda to go with my food. There's nothing like a bottle of Coke or Pepsi to go with Filipino food.
They only carried Pepsi products and I asked for 7-up. I was promptly given a Pepsi by an elderly woman since there was no 7-up available. I liked this policy - "we don't have what you want, have this one instead". She was so sweet, I would have bought anything she offered.
A framed article of Aling Sosing's was proudly displayed. I will definitely be coming back again.
Cost of Meal : less than 300







0 Yorumlar